Sunday 26 May 2013

A Tribute to Baby's Latest Series ★ Blooming Fairy Doll


Today I'm going to share with you my thoughts on Baby, the Stars Shine Bright's latest series on reserve, Blooming Fairy Doll. This is the link to the reserve page! The reservation starts on 16:00, 31st of May.
And here it is~!


When I saw this on Baby's reserve page, my heart nearly stopped. The name suits the series completely! I don't usually fall for non-print pieces easily, but I love this series. It is everything I wish to portray in the fashion. The many layers give it the air of a sweet princess, but the fabric texture and fluffy feeling is that of a fairy's. So here are a few pieces that captured my heart!
This is the OP. There are seven layers on the skirt part -gasp-. It comes in Off White, Lemon Yellow, Saxon Blue and Pink like the rest of the series. I'm really excited to see what Saxon Blue looks like! In my mind's eye I see a delicate little bluebell fairy, daintily fluttering around in a garden, then settling down for tea. The Off White colorway on the other hand, would be prefect for a wedding-themed coord! The roses at the front part are detachable as well as the sleeves. But personally I think it is prettier to keep them on.
This is the Jsk~ It is a slightly toned down version of the OP. It is less lavish, but still charmingly sweet. It has shirring, so the sizing is quite forgiving. So if you're a little too small or big for the OP, you can still wear the series! It can still look princess-like if you coordinate it with a chiffon blouse with princess sleeves. 



And here are the accessories that I liked from the series! There were also wrist cuffs and another headdress but I wasn't particularly fond of them. The necklace adds a tinge of gold to the series and the pearls keep it modest and royal at the same time. As for the headdresses, I absolutely love that bonnet! I have a soft spot for bonnets but unfortunately they crossed the line of "acceptable" where I live. The ribbons used for that bonnet is beautiful! This is definitely my favorite headdress in Blooming Fairy Doll.

Of course, this would not be just a post filled with ramblings and gushings of how how beautiful Baby's latest series is. I made a little something to spark this post a bit, I hope you enjoy!
I apologize for the poor quality of the photo, it was taken with my phone. But nonetheless, tada~!! This is my drawing of Midori Fukasawa in the OP of Blooming Fairy Doll in an attempt to compensate for my sense of loss of never being able to own that OP. This is also my first try at more realistic styles ans silhouette. I think Midori in person is way cuter and I couldn't quite capture that cuteness in this picture. However, I'm still quite happy with this piece! The eyes and mouth took forever to get right. Although I must admit, drawing this made me recognize the reason the OP was priced at an extravagant 49350 yen. The amount of material and laces used for this is exorbitant! I almost died from exhaustion (just kidding!) drawing the layers and layers of frills and ribbons. It made me appreciate the effort of Baby's designers in making this piece. Thank you, Masumi Kanoh for putting your heart into every single release of Baby! 

Well that is all for today, my frillies! I haven't forgotten about my promise of the review. It is currently a work in progress so......be excited~! 

With love,
Little Starling ★





No comments:

Post a Comment